We’re looking for an intuitive and ambitious individual who thrives on winning and enjoys delivering better than expected results and would enjoy working collaboratively with a team of talented professionals. As the credit and collections manager, you are responsible for the management of the credit and collection functions for Valpak Owned & Operated (O&O) franchises. You will direct, evaluate, coordinate, and exercise general and technical supervision over the activities of the credit and collections functions. You will work with sales management on collection strategies for past due accounts, identify reasons for non-payment and modify and rehabilitate customers payment habits to better adhere to their established credit terms. You will be integral in reporting quality information that will assist in reducing the DSO for these franchises, thus increasing cash flow and decreasing the costs associated with the recovery process.
Analytical: you're able to expediently identify and analyze information using intuitive and logical methodology and communicate your findings
Detail oriented: you are someone who has an eye for details and can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects
Assertive and amiable: you are confident and forceful while displaying a friendly or pleasant manner
Mastering time management: you like to schedule specific times to complete tasks, avoid procrastinating, follow up on requests, and use downtime for planning and preparation
- Supervise a collections coordinator, including mentoring and training this individual
- Continuously monitor A/R to ensure an acceptable level of credit risk is maintained, enforcing corporate policies
- Act as the liaison with the collection agency, turning over accounts to collections in a timely manner
- Analyze and report on accounts receivable metrics (such as DSO, AR Aging analyses) and bad debt expense
- Collaborate with the billing department
- Research and report on various information as requested by Controller or other senior staff.